1. Application should be submitted to the Director, Software Technology Parks of India -Bhubaneswar along with Project Report.
2. The Application should be duly signed by Competent authority with initials on each page of the application along with the office seal of the company.
3. Applicant along with the application should furnish the undertaking.
4. Demand Draft of Rs. 2500/- in favour of Software Technology Parks of India, should be attached along with the Application.
The Scheme is administered by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology through the Directors of the STPI who are nominated as the Designated authorities for administering the Scheme. The Scheme as originally formulated has undergone several changes from time to time and the least Policy & Procedures relating to the Scheme are as contained in Chapters 6 respectively in the EXIM Policy and the Handbook of Procedures Vol. I and these provisions are common to EPZ/EOU/STP/EHTP Schemes, which are all 100% export oriented schemes.
100% Export Oriented Units established under EHTP Scheme may carry on the following activities under the Scheme.
a) Manufacture of any item of Electronic Hardware for exports
b) Manufacture of both Hardware and Software in an integrated manner for exports
c) R&D activity, Maintenance or Testing and Calibration Services
Broad Banding facility is available for the EHTP units as provided in the EHTP Policy. Electronics industry has been divided into three broad categories as under
- i. Equipment
- ii. Components
- iii. Computer software and other services
- iv. Services include design and development, maintenance, testing and calibrations, installation and commissioning of projects.
The EHTP units are allowed diversification to manufacture the items other than those specified in the approval letter, but failing within the ambit of broad banding, categories mentioned above.
All benefits / incentives are extended to the EHTP units as per the Chapter 6 of the Foreign Trade Policy